15 August 2010

Sony IFA

IFA is the biggest consumer electronics show in Europe, and I was back in Berlin to cover Sony's huge interactive space there. Continuing and expanding on last year's 3D theme, Sony have everything from TV's, projectors, even laptops in 3D - but you still have to wear those headache-inducing glasses. I can see that watching 3D football on a big screen, or an interactive video game will be a great experience, but can't help feeling that long-term it's still just a gimmick. I can't imagine coming home after a long day, and spending ages looking for the TV control AND the glasses, just to watch Coronation St. (though, to be fair, I'm still not bothered about HDTV either, and probably watch more on my laptop than anything else).One of the highlights was from a Japanese VDJ who's combined 3D video visuals with his dance set (which my 2D medium photos will never do justice to).

No comments: