3 June 2009

Cannes it be true?

Here we are again, another year, another Cannes. This year's festival felt busier than last year, in terms of running around, yet without the big name celebrities to go with it. And combined with the poor exchange rate, which made it the most expensive year to be in Cannes, it wasn't the greatest year.
The nearest I got to a scoop was the night a few of us sat in a bar, me with my camera at my feet having come straight from a job, till daylight crept across the marina. The bar was all but empty, and as we got up to leave so too did one of the other remaining tables - including Paris Hilton. Four photographers and two celebrity journalists, sat for 4 hours in a bar with Paris Hilton, and not one of us spotted her! And did I suddenly leap into action to get that exclusive papp shot?

Umm, nah.

Mariah Carey at a photocall for her new film 'Precious'.

Altogether now: "he's behind you!" - old leather face himself Johnny Haliday.

Sophie Marceau & Monica Bellucci, at the premiere of 'Ne Te Retourne Pas'.

Verne Troyer is 'dwarfed' by photographers at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS benefit.
(see what I did there?)

No comments: