22 February 2007

Berlinale


I've just returned from the 57th Berlinale Film Festival, which was the best one in the last 5 years. Highlights included J-Lo, Bobby De Niro, Sharon Stone, Cate Blanchett and Antonio Banderas.

I had some trouble getting my camera gear onto the flight as hand-luggage on the way out, as bag allowances have been reduced. After much protesting, and filling my jacket pockets with lenses, they let me on.
So, while in Berlin, I bought a photographers vest, in order to wear as much of my gear on me for the return journey, and not have the same problem again.
The vest worked a treat.
But, the combination of alarm clock, laptop cables and a bag of jelly sweets in my hand luggage looked EXACTLY like page one of the bomb-makers handbook when it went through the X-ray machine - causing a security lock-down involving sniffer digs and men with guns, but thankfully no rubber gloves! Oops.

No comments: